Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dream Home

I am always thinking about our next home.  Ryan grew up in the house we currently live in.
I am SO lucky that when I met Ryan he already had a house we could settle into and had a lot of things that many couples my age do not have.  I love that we have a yard that our dogs can run around in.

That being said, our kitchen is too small, we don't have enough room for when we expand our family, and I want a house that is ours.  We also need more storage space.

Vent over.

A girl can dream right?  So here are my dreams for our next house.

A welcoming entrance.

Stripes the same color as the solid wall next to it

Right now we have a raised ranch.  It is cramped when people try to come in, especially when there is 300 pounds of dog trying to sniff you and lick you and wag their baseball bats of tails.
It is just not my ideal way to come into a house.

Counter and cupboard space

that open counter space and view into the next room! L-O-V-E! love the counter tops by beth

Ryan and I don't typically like to eat the same thing, so we are cooking two different meals together often.  Prep work takes up some space.
I really enjoy cooking.  It should not be a stressful task.  Yet many times it is for me.  We are bumping into each other, not having places to cut things, not to mention tripping over 300 pounds of dog.
We got some awesome kitchen things for our wedding, we just don't have enough places to put them.  I also hate walking into the kitchen and getting the feeling that it is cluttered.  Right now, that is how I feel.

An island

Furniture Kitchen. Picturesque Kitchen Island With Seating Designs And Decors: Sophisticated White Mosaic Granite Top Bar Kitchen Island With Seating And Single Sink In Open Plan Interior Modern Decor Design

I love to entertain.  We grill almost every weekend during the spring and summer and invite people over to enjoy it.  While my friends and I prepare and cook and chat and drink in the kitchen, the guys sit on the deck and talk guy stuff.  On top of the kitchen being small, there is no place to just sit and talk girl talk.  I would love to have an island where people can sit and enjoy each others company.  while the other are cooking or washing dishes or whatever.
(again, a girl can dream)

A walk in closet

2016768895367986542584 0327c33316e59541a14085b0c75825f1.jpg 438×700 pixels

Sex and the city anyone?  I don't think this needs too much explanation.

Wood burning stove



We currently have a wood burning stove, but it doesn't look like this.  I want it to look kind of pretty, and have a couch snuggle next to it.  There aren't many things better than putting on a new pair of socks, getting a good book, and sitting next to the warmth of a real fire.  Heat from a wood burning stove is just different.

A cozy back deck

Festive Covered Patio Alight with Casual Comfort

Again, we like to entertain.  We have a nice back deck right now, but I would like it to feel more comfortable and like another living room.  Cushions, the lights, lots of candles, I love this.

A pretty laundry room

Laundry room-vert

Laundry and I are not friends.  I hate it.  At least I can enjoy the room while doing something I hate right?  Like laundry feng shui.

What is in your current or future dream home?

No comments:

Post a Comment