Thursday, June 25, 2015

Wednesday Bump Day

Helloooo long lost blogger friends.  It has been a long while since I have said much around these parts.  Things have been pretty crazy over here, ya know with being pregnant and all.  I have been documenting the pregnancy slightly with pictures, but I want to dust off the old blog and keep some commentary with those pics.  

Here is a bumpdate for today.  I still need to take a 26 week picture, but I have added some pictures from throughout the pregnancy.  

Due Date? September 28th

How far? 26 Weeks!

How are the dogs?  They seem to not really know yet.  They don't do anything special, they don't cuddle up to my belly any more than they did before.  I played a crying baby video on youtube for them, and neither of them even moved their head.  I think it will be an adjustment when baby comes home, just dividing up attention to everyone.  As for now, they are unaffected.  

Maternity clothes? Yes, yes, and yes.  They are amazing.  I can't believe how long I tried to fit into my regular clothes.  The pants are the worst.  It is hard to spend so much money on clothes that you are not going to wear for very long, but a few good pairs of pants and tops and dresses are well worth it.  

Sleep? I have been sleeping pretty well!  I have been working out at the 5:30 am class 3-5 times a week, so by the time my head hits the pillow, I am down for the count.  According to my fitbit, I am always over 90% sleep efficiency, so being 6 months pregnant, I will take it!  Crazy, crazy dreams though.  Last night I dreamt I was being chased and shot by a sniper every time I left Wegmans.  

Work outs?  I have scaled my work outs since I found out I was pregnant.  I haven't lifted anything heavier than 35# (other than my dogs), I haven't worked out on my back since I entered the second trimester (other than when I cuddle with my dogs), and I have a pretty good handle on my heart rate.  From what I have read and talking to my doctor, the big thing is to be able to have a conversation while working out.  If you are huffing and puffing any harder than that, it is too strenuous on the baby.  
The huffing and puffing is coming quicker now, and any sort of burpees/pushups/getting up and down at all are getting much harder.  It just feels so good to get out of bed and do something. 

Best moment of the week? Passing my glucose test!  Wooohoo! (it's the little things, right?)

Weird pregnancy moment?  I think my dreams last night were the oddest pregnancy moment.  It felt so real, as if I had been shot in my leg.  I would wake up to try to get out of the dream, and go right back in to it.  Not cool, baby H.  

Size of baby? The same size as a head of lettuce.  Well over 2 pounds now, as the baby was almost 2 pounds when we went for our last ultrasound, a week and a half ago.  

Belly Button in or out?  In for now, but it seems to be very itchy, so it may be popping out soon.  

Food cravings? Nothing really to speak of here, I divulge into carbs more than I did pre-pregnancy, but no "melt down unless Ryan runs to the store immediately because I must have my pickles" sort of thing.

What am i looking forward to? This week I have really wanted to throw around some heavy weights.  Work has been stressful, and I just want to be able to push myself with the weights.  Eventually I will get back there....

Stretch marks? Yes, and they are growing higher by the day.  I use the palmers lotion, but I think I am just genetically blessed to have those beauties, or battle scars.  Worth it. 

Nursery? How far along should I be?  Because I am not.  

Movement?  It goes in spurts.  Some days I can't get the baby to stop moving, and some days baby must be very tired.  Some days the baby pushes into what feels like my lungs, some days it is much lower and pushes into my lower back.  The movements are getting much more prominent outside my belly, now if only I could get Ryan to stare at my belly long enough (jk that is weird).  


(Don't judge the slippers lol, swollen feet)

Symptoms?  Heartburn and swollen feet.  My feet/cankles are like grapefruits some days when I get home.  Even days where I think I drink enough water.  I sleep in a V when I first lay down at night.  I have to keep my head slightly higher due to the heart burn and my feet higher because they are swollen.  Ryan is sooo over the number of pillows in the bed.  

Overall, I have been feeling really good.  Work has been crazy, so I get home and just crash, but you hear so many pregnancy horror stories, that this is much easier than anticipated. 

I think I need to stop saying that though, because I am just setting myself up for a horrific labor or something like that.  

Thanks for listening!


"Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential"Winston Churchill


No comments:

Post a Comment